- Beyond IT Development: TCS recognizes that Agile methodologies are not limited to IT development alone. It extends Agile principles to various organizational functions, including legal, marketing, and finance.
- Reimagining the Value Stream: Instead of viewing Agile as just a tool for speeding up processes, TCS sees it as a catalyst for reimagining the entire value stream across the organization. The goal is to swiftly move from conceptualization to delivering value to the end customer.
- Integration with Business 4.0™ Framework: TCS introduced the Business 4.0™ framework, emphasizing digital business transformation. Within this framework, Agile plays a crucial role, enabling enterprises to embrace risk with its iterative and fail-fast philosophy.
- Risk Embrace and Innovation: Enterprise Agile, as envisioned by TCS, encourages organizations to embrace risks, fostering a culture where learning from failures is an integral part of the process. This risk-taking ability is seen as a driver for innovation.
- Alignment with Business 4.0 Behaviors: Enterprise Agile aligns with other key behaviors outlined in the Business 4.0 framework, such as the ability to leverage ecosystems and the development of audacious business models, resulting in the creation of exponential value or TCS Enterprise Agile Means.
- Cultural Shift: It goes beyond being a methodology for project management. TCS Enterprise Agile represents a cultural shift within the organization, fostering adaptability, collaboration, and a mindset of continuous improvement and TCS Enterprise Agile Means.
- Customer-Centric Approach: By applying Agile principles at an enterprise level, TCS aims to create a customer-centric culture where responsiveness to customer needs is prioritized, and value delivery is swift and continuous.
In essence, TCS Enterprise Agile Means is about leveraging Agile methodologies as a strategic enabler for the entire organization, promoting a culture of agility, innovation, and responsiveness across diverse business functions.
In pursuit of a broader goal, our journey of transformation began with identifying key areas requiring agility. This evolution unfolded in waves, starting with IT services, extending to Cognitive Business Operations, and finally transforming core organizational support functions.
The Agile Initiative Network
At the forefront of this change was the Agile Initiative Network, an internal group of experts advocating agile methodologies across TCS. The network, boasting 2,512 ninja coaches as of April 2022, played a pivotal role in driving the agile way of working throughout the organization.
Agile Every Day with Living Agile
Embracing agility as a lifestyle, we introduced Living Agile™ (TCS Enterprise Agile Means), a concept emphasizing the adoption of agile principles through short, experiential projects. Agile coaches guide teams to break down real-world problems, fostering iterative value-building, non-hierarchical teamwork, rapid learning, risk-taking, and innovative problem-solving.
Location-Independent Agile™ (LIA)
The tumultuous year of 2020 underscored the need for agility more than ever. LIA, conceptualized two years prior, challenged the traditional notion that agility demands physical co-location. By facilitating a structured geographical working model, LIA ensured that cross-functional collaboration thrived even when team members were geographically dispersed.
Seamless Transition to Borderless Workspaces
LIA seamlessly aligned with the Secure Borderless Workspaces™ (SBWS™) framework, serving as the cornerstone of our new operating model. As the pandemic compelled a shift to remote work, TCS embraced borderless enterprise seamlessly, proving that agility could thrive in any working environment.
Leadership in Agile
TCS has emerged as a leader in the agile space, managing 6,532 active agile IT engagements and 11,633 agile IT projects. The introduction of Agility Debt™ or TCS Enterprise Agile Means, an exclusive index measuring an organization’s agility, has added a new dimension to the worldwide agile vocabulary.
The Path Forward
Having achieved agility at scale, our vision extends beyond organizational boundaries. We aim to influence industry standards and engage with global standards bodies, sharing our journey and insights that began in a conference room in 2017. As agents of change, we envision a world where enterprise agility becomes a global standard.
Through our unique approach, TCS has transformed into an agile powerhouse, paving the way for a future where agility is not just a methodology but a way of life.